Raman-AFM & Tip Enhanced Raman Scattering (TERS). Pushing the limits of resolution and sensitivity in chemical imaging
Dr. Pavel Dorozhkin
NT‐MDT ‐ Your AFM‐Raman‐SNOM Company welcomes you to join our upcoming webinar on Pushing the Limits of Resolution and Sensitivity in Chemical Imaging with Raman‐AFM.
Who should attend? Materials Scientists, Physicists, Chemists interested in:
- TERS or “nano-Raman” imaging with the highest possible sensitivity and lateral resolution down to 10 nm
- Real TERS mapping (2D Raman imaging with high resolution); distinguishing from possible artifacts
- Reproducible TERS tips with high enhancement factors
- AFM-Raman systems optimized for TERS
- Scanning near-field optical microscopy (SNOM)
Raman Spectroscopy and Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) have become vital tools in many areas of science and technology. AFM can measure electrical, mechanical and other physical properties with nanoscale resolution but it lacks chemical specificity. Confocal Raman spectroscopy conversely fills this gap but has the deficiency of being a diffraction limited technique. AFM Tip Enhanced Raman Scattering uniquely bridges this gap. We will discuss the fundamentals of the technique as well as the extended possibilities provided by the deep integration of AFM & Raman.
NT-MDT was the first company to introduce a commercially available AFM-Raman system in 1998. Since then NT-MDT has been a global leader for integrated AFM-Raman solutions with over 260 installations worldwide.